Quality assurance and quality control (QA/QC) is a critical step that is used to ensure the validity of data in the database and of the analyses that use these data. When conducting QA/QC, your data access level needs to be elevated to “manager”.
- 1.Open citation in Mendeley
- 2.Locate citation in BETYdb
- Check that author, year, title, journal, volume, and pageinformation is correct
- Check that links to URL and PDF are correct, using DOI ifavailable
- If any information is incorrect, click ’edit’ to correct
- 3.Check that site(s) at bottom of citation record match site(s) inpaper
- Check that latitude and longitude are consistent withmanuscript, are in decimals not degrees, and have appropriatelevel of precision
- Click on site name to verify any additional information siteinformation that is present
- Enter any additional site level information that is found
- 4.Selecttreatments frommenu bar
- Check that there is a control treatment
- Ensure that treatment name and definition are consistent withinformation in the manuscript
- Under “treatments from all citations associated with associatedsites”, ensure that there is no redundancy (i.e. if anothercitation uses the same treatments, it should not be listedseparately)
- If managements are listed, make sure that managment-treatmentassociations are correct
- 5.Check managements ifthere are any listed on the treatments page.
- If yield data has been collected, ensure that requiredmanagements have been entered
- If managements have been entered, ensure that they areassociated with the correct treatments
- 6.Click Yields orTraits to checkdata.
- Check that means, sample size, and statistics have been enteredcorrectly
- If data has been transformed, check that transformation wascorrect in the associated google spreadsheet (or create a newgoogle spreadsheet following instructions)
- For any trait data that requires a covariate