Adding a citation
Citation provides information regarding the source of the data. A PDF copy of each paper should be available through Mendeley.
- 1.Select one of the starred papers from your project's Mendeley folder.
- 2.The data to be entered should be specified in the notes associatedwith the paper in Mendeley
- 3.Identify (highlight or underline) the data (means and statistics)that you will enter
- 4.Enter citation information
- Author: Input the first author’s last name only
- Year: Input the year the paper was published, not submitted, reviewed,or anything else
- Fill out Title, Journal, Vol, & Pg. For unknown information, input 'NA'
- DOI: The 'digital object identifier'. If DOI is available, PDF andURL are optional. This can be located in the article or in thearticle website. Use Ctrl+F 'DOI' to find it. Some olderarticles do not have a DOI.When entering the DOI, don't include a "doi:" prefix; the DOI should start with "10.".
- URL: Web address of the article, preferably from publisher's website. Include the "http://" or "https://" prefix. If no on-line version is available, but some other information about how to obtain the citation is available, you may use a parenthesized note in lieu of a bona fide URL, e.g. "(e-mail Dr. No at [email protected] for a written copy)".
- PDF: URL of the PDF of the article. Include the "http://" or "https://" prefix. (A parenthesized note is allowed here as well.)